Thursday 5 March 2009

Blogaholic

My name's Patrick and I'm a blogaholic. *Congratulatory applause*. Hopefully this admission is the first step in my recovery.

Though I have binge blogged in the past with such blogs as "my life in haiku" it has never taken such a hold on me as it has done recently. Last year I forced myself to keep a travel blog while I was on a trip around the world so I could keep my friends and family updated and suitably jealous. I found myself enjoying exploring my egomaniac side so much that soon I was hooked. On my return and with no excuse of travelling, I started a "travelling at home" blog (after reading the Lonely Planet Experimental Travel book). This seemed to peter out somewhat so I thought I was in the clear from the addiction of blog.

Unfortunately not. When my friend Robin cast me in a play he had written for the Edinburgh Festival he asked if I had any acting web presence he could link to from the show's site. On looking at the site, realising that the rest of the cast had links to their professional acting pages and being an egotistical maniac I created an acting blog. Then when I came up with the idea of asking friends to commission a painting by me for increasing prices of course I had to make an artist blog for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment