Friday 25 March 2011

A portrait of me in Google Goggles

I have the Google Goggles app on my phone, the google website describes it as :

Google Goggles lets you use pictures taken with your mobile phone to search the web. It's ideal for things that aren't easy to describe in words. There's no need to type or speak your query - all you have to do is open the app, snap a picture, and wait for your search results.
Google Goggles works better with certain types of queries. Try taking pictures of books & DVDs, landmarks, barcodes & QR codes, logos, contact info, artwork, businesses, products, or text; it can recognize up to three items at a time. Currently, it's not so good when taking pictures of animals, plants, cars, furniture, or apparel.




Feeling a bit sleep deprived at 6.30 this morning I decided to test this google goggles app by taking a picture of my genitals. Although it did say that it couldn't find any "close" matches it came up with the following pictures as similar matches* :

Google thinks I literally have beardy bollocks
When I arrived at work I tried the same thing with my face, which google decided looks like a woman holding a very nervous looking kitten :
So in summary I have the genitals of a beardy bear and the face of a woman holding a nervous kitten.

(* = I lost the original bear that came up on my phone but it was very similar to this one)


No comments:

Post a Comment