Monday 10 June 2013

Spicy Cheesy Bolognesey Pies

After a brief twitter conversation with my Sid African friend Teresa (who is a clever foodie), where she told me that a chicken pie would be her perfect meal, all I could think about for the rest of the afternoon at work was pie. My boss was trying to talk to me but all I could see where his head was meant to be was a pie on a man's shoulders, his words just seemed like pie filling seeping out from the pastry of his face dripping over the floor by my desk. The keyboard of my computer soon resembled tiny little pork pies with letters printed on them and with every key I typed I touched the pie, I felt the pie, I wanted the pie. I. Wanted. It. In. Me.

Okay so I'm exaggerating slightly but I hope you get it I really wanted a pie. I spent the rest of the day sneaking a look at pie recipes on the internet and trying not to drown on my own saliva. I contemplated Carribean Patties, Chicken and leek pies and even the heart attack in pastry that is the Snickers Pie but in the end I decided on my own tried and trusted recipe for Spicy Cheesy Bolognese pies.

So when I got home I dusted off my Pie Maker (It's like a cheese toasty maker but with pastry) and set about making a few batches of these tasty little bastards.

What you need

500g Beef mince
3 rashers of bacon, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 medium chillis, chopped
500g Dolmio Extra Hot or Lloyd Grossman Tomato and Chilli
Black Pepper
Tabasco Sauce
Cayenne Chilli Pepper

Cheese

 Pre-made Puff Pastry

What you do

Fry the bacon in a pan on high heat.
Add the onions and garlic.
Add the beef.
Add the chillis.
Wait until all meat is brown and onions floppy.
Add the tomato sauce.
Add Black Pepper, Tabasco and Cayenne Chilli Pepper to taste.
Turn pan down to a low heat
Keep mixing it
Keep tasting it
Add random shit from your cupboard if you think it will make it better
Don't add random shit if you think it will make it worse
Let it bubble

In the mean time
grate some cheese
roll the pastry
cut the pastry out

Put all the things in the pie maker.

Leave it for 10 minutes

Take all the things (now in tasty pie form) out of pie maker

Eat pie.
Eat other pie.
Eat more pie.
There's more pie there so it would be a shame not to eat another one.
Realise you can't eat any more pie.
Eat one more pie anyway.
Put leftover pies in fridge.
Step away from fridge.

(No pictures because the camera on my phone is fecked but trust me they looked and tasted seriously awesome) 

No comments:

Post a Comment