Wednesday 13 May 2020

Talking to myself for 5 days in (Dry) January

I was making some space on my laptop the other day and I found this video on my desktop which I had genuinely forgotten about. As the title suggests it was me talking to myself for 5 days in January 2020 (little snippets not the whole time). You can definitely tell it's in the second half of my dry January challenge as I'm a bit more mad than normal (I think), I am under some kind of enforced lockdown to avoid the pub (before it was cool / necessary) and, less subtly, I also mention it several times.

I mean it's not the most interesting of video diaries and I don't really expect anyone to want to watch it but here it is, all 18 minutes of it :



 Also I seem to be looking into the future around the 5 minute mark by predicting the oncoming COVID apocylapse (Although I guess that it would have already been hitting the Wuhan fan by that point in January)



I wasn't just going mad, it was something I decided to do based on an activity from "The Artist's Way" (Which I was also doing in January) where you write a list of alternative (preferably "arty") careers and "have a go" at them for a few days in order to free up your artistic self. I decided on "film maker" so I made a film. Of sorts. I don't think the Cannes or Sundance festivals will be knocking my door down anytime soon.

What did I learn?

I'm slightly more boring than I think but
I'm slightly funnier than I think so
You can be boring and funny
I don't have much to say
I say I'm "mad", a "lunatic" or "mental" way too much
It's fun to make films but
Don't watch them back straight away, give them a few months first
I miss my beard

Will I do it again? 

Yes I think I will. Would be good (good might be pushing it - interesting?) to do a couple a year. In fact, now I think about it, lockdown is probably a good time to do another one. Yes, I'm going to do another one next week.








No comments:

Post a Comment