Tuesday 1 June 2010

I blag therefore I am

Back at my desk after 3 days off, a so called long weekend, and a so called short week to come. I realised this morning that I've been doing this job for exactly a year now. A full year of not really knowing what I'm doing, a full year of blagging it. I said to one of my friends at work that maybe this is the meaning of life. Not just the pursuit of happiness but being open to blag it if you don't quite find it. I don't think it's about blagging to other people that you are happy, that's more like empty bragging and anyone in their right mind can see through that. I mean sometimes blagging yourself, yes you have dreams and expectations about yourself but unless you are very lucky or very driven these are not going to be achieved overnight and there is quite a large chance that they won't happen at all. Your best chance then, in my book, is to point yourself towards where you want to be and get on with your life. Aim for that target, actively seek to get yourself there but don't let that define you. You are not what you are, you are what you think you are. Now do I actually mean that or am I just rationalising not being where I want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment